Linux support

smhr

Hi,

Great news. I installed Acc 11.2.4 on a fresh install of Ubuntu 16.04 with Wine (staging), and the flickering has stopped when I move the cursor over a text. It isn’t perfect (there is a small grey box that follows the cursor), but it is more stable and still. I can even use the system wide SIL Hebrew keyboard in the Go to box. That is an improvement in Wine that I noticed about a month ago.

post-32543-0-25630800-1475250308_thumb.png

So, either something changed in the kernal driver support, in Wine, or in Acc itself, probably the first two.

I tried Windows 10 again, partly because the Acc (Demo 11.1.6) didn’t work well. But even with everything checked off, Windows 10 was intrusive. So I thought I’d try the newest Acc on a fresh install, even though it would cost me another activation. I think I’ll keep this setup.

Regards,

Michel

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Great news. I installed Acc 11.2.4 on a fresh install of Ubuntu 16.04 with Wine (staging), and the flickering has stopped when I move the cursor over a text. It isn’t perfect (there is a small grey box that follows the cursor), but it is more stable and still. I can even use the system wide SIL Hebrew keyboard in the Go to box. That is an improvement in Wine that I noticed about a month ago.

Not working for me. Installed the last version of 11 from the Accordance site (11.2.4) using the following:

Ubuntu 16.04 LTS with all up to date updates

Kernel 4.4.0.51

Wine staging 1.9.24

The UI is still broken under these conditions. I was able to install, run, configure with login, download my 100+ modules, but the UI doesn't display the text in the tab unless I highlight it with a click-drag, and menu drop downs aren't all there until I guess where they are and click them.

I played around with the text display preferences. I tried using winecfg to force a window of a common resolution. Nothing helped.

What if the community did crowd funding to raise the money to port it over to linux, how much would it cost, and/or maybe find a team in the community to do the porting, 

Do you mean the cost to do a once of port of one release, i.e., the next release, or the cost of that plus the ongoing cost of maintaining and testing for linux.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm a new user of Accordance, coming from BibleWorks, and an user of Linux for years (Ubuntu).

Accordance is now the only program I can't use in Linux. I'd like to see an official version of Accordance for Linux.

• Like 1