Pasting into user tool in Helena

nickpage

I'm creating a new user tool, but cannot seem to paste any greek into it. In TextEdit or Mellel the greek is converted into Helena and displays fine, but when I paste it into the User tool editor it turns into a load of question marks.

What am I doing wrong?

Nick

You have to keep the Greek in Helena font. Your export must be set to Unicode which is why it works in the other programs. Accordance only converts to Unicode when you click outside Accordance, so it should still copy and paste directly from Greek text into the User Tool. However, once you click the desktop or anything else, the characters are converted to Unicode which is not supported in Accordance.

If you turn off Unicode you will be using Helena everywhere, but then it won't be compatible cross platform.

If you turn off Unicode you will be using Helena everywhere, but then it won't be compatible cross platform.

Er... I wish I understood all that. Where do I switch off unicode?

Nick

Use the Help to learn about these topics. Go to Preferences: Greek & Hebrew to set your export preferences. The Window Help from that window will link you to the related topics.

Use the Help to learn about these topics. Go to Preferences: Greek & Hebrew to set your export preferences. The Window Help from that window will link you to the related topics.

I've done that but the help and preferences are all about exporting out of Accordance. I want to import Greek. If I understand right, the problem is that this line of Greek is in unicode and Accordance cannot read Unicode. So how do I convert it out of unicode? Or is that impossible?

Sorry, but that is not supported in Accordance, and I know of no conversion routine elsewhere.

Archived