problem with the 'select window contents' dialog

Anthony Sepulveda

[Acc 10.4.2.2, W 8.1u, HP Pavilion g6-2306el]

Here are the steps to try and reproduce the bug:

1. Run one or two other Windows programs.

2. Run Accordance.

3. Open at least two tabs with whichever Bible text.

4. Open another tab (again, with whichever Bible text)

5. In this new tab, use the Contents command (Ctrl-Shift-C)

6. When the 'select window contents' dialog appears, use the Windows key combination to show the Desktop (WinKey-D)

7. Try going back to the Accordance program window using the Alt-Tab, or even by clicking on its icon in the Taskbar.

I couldn't go back to the program. The workaround would be to press enter after selecting the program even though the program window can't be seen: this would select the first option in the 'select window contents' dialog, which seems to prevent the program window from appearing correctly. The next time you select the program (by Alt-Tab or clicking) the window appears normally, with the new tab having the contents of the first option in the 'select window contents' dialog.

I tried to repro. this on Win 7 and could not. Perhaps its win 8 specific.

But perhaps there are other differences. I had several workspace windows open but created a new one for your test case.

thx

D

Edited by Daniel Semler

OK so I reconfigured my startup to a default session and now I can repro. it.

And actually if you do this on the primary ws and you have opened another after it then you can get to a point where the workaround Anthony mentioned does not seem to work.

Thx

D

Edited by Daniel Semler

Yes, I can duplicate this on Win8.1. I'll check into it. Also, you don't need to use the Windows key + D. Just mousing to the bottom right corner and clicking will also do it in Win8.

Edited by Scott M

In the work-around department, pressing Windows key + D a second time puts you back into Accordance. I found some other idiosyncrasies that will need a little investigation.

The workaround also works the first time you type Windows-D, and type it back. Once you try selecting the program icon in the taskbar or using alt-tab, the program no longer appears when you type Windows-D again.