Exporting GK Apparatus

Karyn Traphagen

I'm copying and pasting some of the NA27 Greek apparatus into a Mellel document. I've got my preferences set to export in unicode. Some of the special characters are not displaying, what font should I try to use so that they all display properly? I'm looking at Luke 20:41-44. Thanks.

Karyn

The only signs that are not displaying correctly are the beginning and ending signs for words that are transposed.

This is the description of what the symbols indicate:

"The words following in the text are transposed by the witnesses cited. The sign z in the text marks the end of the portion of text transposed. "

The opening symbol is displaying as an "s" and the closing symbol as a "z."

Is the MSS font downloadable? Is it Unicode?

Thanks

All our fonts are automatically installed, and are NOT Unicode. They are in MSS originally, and may have no standard Unicode equivalents.

OK, I changed my preferences so I could export the apparatus without unicode, then applied the MSS font in my document. That worked. I'll just use unicode for the text of the passage, and MSS for the apparatus.

Thanks, Helen.

They are in MSS originally, and may have no standard Unicode equivalents.

I'd like to take a look at this some time. With the latest Unicode update, text critical marks were improved, and I'd bet we could find Unicode code point equivalents.

• 1 year later...

Any news or update about unicode and the GK or BH apparatus? I'm trying to get text and apparatus into Mellel so I can format worksheets.

Thanks, Karyn

Any news or update about unicode and the GK or BH apparatus? I'm trying to get text and apparatus into Mellel so I can format worksheets.

Thanks, Karyn

Karyn,

The Unicode range has expanded much over the years, and they added a full GNT apparatus symbol range. Not very many fonts include glyphs for the range, but one free one is called Code2001, but Cardo and New Athena Unicode may as well.

You can see the unicode character list here.

However, we're talking about manual entry for sigla, because last I recall, the Accordance Unicode export of such things was inadequate. Even the Fraktur letters ( or ) didn't export with what in my opinion are becoming standard in the field. (But it's been awhile since I looked at this.

Archived