Entering Greek and Hebrew in Edit User Note window

Mark Stirling

Hi there,

Have spent far too long this morning trying to find a shortcut so that I can write in Edit User note window in English, switch to Greek or Hebrew (either to write or paste) and then switch back again, without having to mouse click in the font menu. I do this all the time in Mellel with keyboard shortcuts for text styles and it's the major thing stopping me placing all my exegetical notes in an Accordance user note file!

Am I missing something really obvious?

Many thanks for any help,

Mark Stirling

St Andrews, Scotland

Mark,

Are you using the font command from the "Display" menu or from the text palette? The text palette is faster than the "Display" menu options, and groups all the text formatting commands together. You can turn the text palette "on" in the Window menu. Still not what you are looking for, I know. I don't think it is possible to create custom key commands in Accordance, but I'm not certain about that.

Lorinda

• 2 months later...

I too wish there was an easier way of moving between Greek/Hebrew and English in the user notes. If only there was a way to set custom text styles to use in user notes and tools.

Johann Caauwe

Modesto, CA

Hi there,

Have spent far too long this morning trying to find a shortcut so that I can write in Edit User note window in English, switch to Greek or Hebrew (either to write or paste) and then switch back again, without having to mouse click in the font menu. I do this all the time in Mellel with keyboard shortcuts for text styles and it's the major thing stopping me placing all my exegetical notes in an Accordance user note file!

Am I missing something really obvious?

Many thanks for any help,

Mark Stirling

St Andrews, Scotland

I regularly enter Greek/Hebrew text into user notes quickly and without having to mess witih fonts. Just use the character palette. The trick is to type the next English letter or character after the G/H text BEFORE entering the G/H text. You can get all your English, Greek, and Hebrew texts entered quickly without ever having to change fonts.

The Character palette is a new feature of version 7.1, and can be opened from the Window menu.

Archived