Two Issues

Ed Heckman

Good Morning,

I've noticed two issues in the 1.7 series of Accordance for iOS.

Issue 1: The Text selection popup can be triggered while the search bar is open. Here are the steps to reproduce it:

1. Tap the Search icon to bring up the search bar.
  2. Tap "Options".
  3. Tap "Set Range To" and select a range.
  4. Tap in the center of the search text field. The list will display.

I just tried it again to make sure I was doing this right, but it didn't happen this time. I could have sworn I saw it still happen under 1.7.2, but maybe it was already fixed. I'm including it just in case it wasn't fixed.

Issue 2: The parallel pane scrolls to the second verse when two are in the top line.

I often like to have a commentary open along with the scripture text. In some instances the verse at the top of the text window is short enough that a second verse also starts at the top of the window. When this happens the parallel pane will usually (but not always) scroll to the matching entry for the second verse. IMHO, it should be displaying the entry for the first verse.

The difference between when it does it vs. when it doesn't seems to be whether or not the first verse starts at the very beginning of the top line. An example of this is Mark 14:17 in ESV. Since it's the beginning of the paragraph it starts at the very beginning of the line. It's also short enough that verse 18 starts on the same line (displayed in Georgia 18 on an iPad).

If the first verse starts within the line, this doesn't seem to happen. For example, I looked at John 11:35. I could not get it to start at the very left. (I didn't work very hard at it, which would have included changing text sizes.) In that case, the parallel pane would correctly scroll to the entry for verse 35.

Can you post a screen shot of issue #2?

Hi Rick,

Sure, no problem.

Here is the spot in Mark with the previous verse at the top of the window:

post-29461-0-35559000-1393953570_thumb.png

Here is the result when I scroll up to verse 17:

post-29461-0-47151000-1393953697_thumb.png

And here is the spot in John where two verses start on the same line, but it works correctly:

post-29461-0-28454400-1393953745_thumb.png

Last night I had issue number 1 show up again. I have no idea why I couldn't do it when I tried for the original post vs. last night's usage. Here is a screen shot:

post-29461-0-04545400-1394086084_thumb.png

Last night I had issue number 1 show up again. I have no idea why I couldn't do it when I tried for the original post vs. last night's usage. Here is a screen shot:

http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif2014-03-04 23.23.43.png

I haven't been able to reproduce it yet so it is likely some intermittent bug that we'll have to stay on the look out for. Thanks for the report.