#96) Using Graphics Effectively

Timothy Jenney

One great way to keep an audience's attention is to illustrate your Bible study with good graphics. In this podcast, Dr. J shows us how to identify, locate, and present Accordance's great graphics resources.

http://youtu.be/2oPKnVNIPl4

Nicely done Dr. J!

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Thanks, Randy!

Thanks Dr. J! Very well done!

Tim

I appreciate that, Tim!

One of the things I don't think I'll ever get used to in podcasting is that I never get to see my students. That's very different from teaching or preaching (my two previous ministry gigs). I miss them, the interaction, and, of course, the coffee together afterward.

Hoist a cup in my name! :-)

• Like 1

Hoist a cup in my name! :-)

I will indeed!

Thanks again,

Tim

"In this podcast, Dr. J shows us how to identify, locate, and present Accordance's great graphics resources."

Referring to yourself in the third person, Dr. J?

I'm sure that's a sign…

of something…

:)

[Chuckle] Yes, it probably is. I guess it means everyone else at Accordance is too busy doing other things! ;-)

[Chuckle] Yes, it probably is. I guess it means everyone else at Accordance is too busy doing other things! ;-)

Are you the real Dr. J or did someone else post that?

Hi Dr. J,

I just had a run through this. Nice. One note. You mentioned using print screen to capture screen content on a PC. What I use is the Snippet Tool which comes with Win 7. It should be visible from the Windows menu or you can search for it. Otherwise its under Accessories. I don't know if its on Win 8 because I don't use it. And other techniques are probably required for older versions like XP/Vista but I don't recall or know (depending on the release). Just searched for it - looks like its there in 8 but not so visible.

The print screen button doesn't do anything for me on either of my win 7 installs. Not sure why not but it doesn't.

Thx

D

Vista has a Snipping Tool. I put it on my quicklaunch bar, which makes it easy to access when I need to take screenshots.

Thank you, Daniel and Linda, I am no where near as competent on Windows as I am on Mac. I have Windows 8.1 running under Parallels Desktop 9 on my Mac, but I am still learning all its idiosyncrasies.

• Like 1

I'm definitely more of a Mac person, too. But the church I serve has a Windows machine running Vista, so I'm slowly learning.