B&W in Basilisk II

chaplanger

Recently I changed my Windows desktop resolution to 1280 x 1024. Now when I start up Basilisk II everything is in the greytones of a Black and White World.

Is this caused by my current Windows XP resolution settings? I am running Accordance 6.1 on the emulator.

Check the settings in the BasiliskIIGUI for Screen including the resolution and the colors. See page 10 of the EmulatorManual.pdf if you are not sure how to do this. Try different settings until you find the one that works best for you.

For anyone else interested or having this same problem -- the settings for this is in the expandable ribbon. Somehow the ribbon color display became checked for b/w instead of 256 colors. (its the icon that looks like a monitor and has several vertical bands).

Since tone is difficult to tell in forums -- this is not meant as a rebuke at all. Accordance folk have been very forthcoming with assistance! Just as an aside (since the PDF manual was recommended) -- I did not find tihs information covered in the pdf manual. For those of us with little, or in my case -- no MAC experience, we need a bit more hand-holding in the initial steps -- especially regarding the conventions you seasoned MAC users simply take for granted. Perhaps in the next edition of this manual, it could have a quick chapter on "MAC" for PC-dummies! ;)

We do have an Introduction to the Macintosh System on pages 12 to 14.

You are describing the Control Strip which can be accessed from the Apple menu/Control Panels, as can many other system settings and preferences. However, in my experience, the screen settings on the emulator are determined by the BasiliskIIGUI and cannot be changed inside the Mac system.

Archived