Menu bar missing

Michel Gilbert

Hello,

I lost my top menu bar (File, etc.), and I can't drag it down from anywhere over the Toolbar.

I attached a screenshot.

Any suggestions on how to get it back?

Thanks.

Michel

Windows 8.1 Pro, Dell Inspiron 17r-5721 with Intel Core i7 3537U CPU, x64

Top Menu Bar Missing.doc

Michel,

Please delete your Startup Session.accord from C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Local\Accordance\Accordance Preferences. When you start Accordance again, you will have a fresh session where you will see your default Bible. You will have to open your HMT-W4 and the construct again.

Please let me know how you arrived to the state of having no title bar or menu.

Orly Margolis

Orly,

Thank you for your suggestion. I already re-installed 10.3.1 today, so I can't implement it. If it happens again I will try it, and I hope other Windows users can benefit from it.

Did you see my other post in Technical Support, "Accordance crashes after copy command," and after dragging, highlighting, and scrolling? Then the Title and Menu bar disappeared. This had happened before (all these issues) under the same circumstances. Since I wanted to use Accordance today, I completely uninstalled 10.3.2 and installed 10.3.1, which is working a bit better so far. It only crashed once since then.

I'll explain my routine for installation and use. I uninstall Accordance, choosing "yes" to uninstall the program, registry entries and files. Then I delete all the remaining registry entries using Run - regedit. Then I restart my computer. I install Accordance 10.3.1 or 10.3.2, and use Easy Install to load my modules. I choose Startup to Last Session. Then I open my Library, and drag my preferred modules to the top of Texts and various Tools menus. At this point Accordance always freezes, does not respond, and I exit using the Task Manager and End Task. Then I re-open Accordance, and proceed to finish dragging modules where I want them. Then I open HMT-W4 and a new Hebrew Construct Window. After some fairly detailed syntax searches, e.g., so far, some with up to seven columns, Accordance starts doing the strange things mentioned in the other posts. I do get search results, but so far I only get about an hour into the program, enjoying my research, and then something weird happens.

So far today, in 10.3.1, I have encountered only one glitch. I saved some of my searches, but when I close them, the name of the search remains in the Title bar. Right now the Title bar reads, et, the, noun, and, et, the, noun.

Like I said in the other post, I have Windows 8.1 Pro, on a Dell Inspiron 17r-5721 Laptop with an Intel Core i7 3537U CPU and a 64 Bit Operating System, x64- based processor. I bought the Original Languages Collection with Syntax Add-On Modules to HMT-W4 and GNT28-T. I am a very experienced computer user (got my first IBM compatible 8086 in 1988).

Thank you again.

Michel