the date of modules

danzac

According to the SBL style guide a cd-rom citation ought to look like this:

Evans, Craig A. "Messianic Apocalypse (4q521)." Dictionary of New Testament Background on CD-ROM. Accordance Bible Software Version 1.0. 2003. Print ed., Craig A. Evans and Stanley E. Porter eds. Dictionary of New Testament Background. Downers Grove, Ill.: IVP, 2000.

the problem I am having is the section in bold. When I choose "about this text" in Accordance, the date given is the publishing date of the book, not the date of the module (in the above citation I just guessed 2003, I'm not sure about the date of the module). Can this be fixed in the about section to show both the book date and the module date?

Thanks, Danny

Evans, Craig A. "Messianic Apocalypse (4q521)." Dictionary of New Testament Background on CD-ROM. Accordance Bible Software Version 1.0. 2003. Print ed., Craig A. Evans and Stanley E. Porter eds. Dictionary of New Testament Background. Downers Grove, Ill.: IVP, 2000.

The SBL Handbook of Style,

J.P., thankyou very much. I assumed that the date AND version was for the module in question, not the software app.

silly me ;)

• 2 months later...

While it may be the case that the SBL guidlines specify the program, I think that Danny has an excellent question. Often, and espcially when looking to update my modules, I wish that each module had it's publication date included.

Oh, and what happens in the case where a unique module might be produced by Accordance (with no print equivalent)?

If you are using a Module that is also a printed version many of those modules have a "cover page" of sorts (at least all the IVP reference books do) that includes publication date, copywrite info, etc.

Archived