Autoscroll in 10.2.1

Anthony Pyles

Autoscroll is not working properly for me since upgrading to 10.2.1. I have replicated the issue on two different Macs, both running Mountain Lion. Autoscroll is now choppy and very slow, and adjusting the speed in preferences has no visible effect on the scrolling speed for me. I use autoscroll in spurts (when I'm doing a lot of reading) so I am not sure whether this was a bug in 10.2.

Can anyone else replicate this? Is there something else I should try to fix it? Thanks in advance!

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I'm the only one still using autoscroll! I have, though, verified that this is an issue in both 10.2.0 and 10.2.1 (haven't upgraded my desktop yet). Any word on whether autoscroll will be back to normal in 10.2.3?

Thanks!

Tony

Tony - the autoscrolling has been working just fine for me, but I'm not sure about others. Is this consistent in different texts, tools, and fonts?

Altering the font and font size seems to help, but it still scrolls in a very choppy way on both of my macs in multiple texts and tools. Overall the autoscroll speeds seem much slower than in previous versions of Accordance, though if I make the text (very) large I can see some differentiation between the speeds.

How smooth is your normal (non-auto!) scrolling, via a scrollwheel or trackpad?

So I just tried this - I never use it but figured I see.

If I leave the preference set to off and then in a pane click auto-scroll. Its nice and smooth.

If I select slow, medium or fast in the prefs and do the same I do see noticeable jitter in the movement.

This is on 27" iMac running 10.8.3.

Thx

D

I'm seeing the same thing Daniel sees when I try it, though with autoscroll off in preferences and then turned on from the gear icon it scrolls very slowly for me. This is on my Macbook, and any two-finger scrolling I do is quite smooth. I did wonder if it was a RAM issue, so I've tried it with more and fewer programs open, and after a fresh restart, all with the same result.

Thanks for your help.

Tony

I have not used autoscrolling, and according to help, it is an option click on the scroll bar arrows. On MacBook Air, OS 10.8.4, I do not have arrows. System preferences allows the scroll bar to fade if I do not scroll with the trackpad. Interestingly, the scroll bar does not fade in Accordance 10.2.1, but again, no arrows. Is there another way to access autoscrolling?

Michael,

The scrollbar arrows were removed across the operating system back in OSX 10.7, if I remember correctly, but you can access it now from the gear icon next to the aA at the top right of a search window.

Tony

Thanks Tony. The Help System needs to be revised to reflect this! It still shows the arrows on the scroll bar, and I could not find reference to the gear menu.

When I select off for scroll speed, I still can auto scroll at what seems to be medium or fast. All three speeds have some chop to them, but since I did not use the feature before, I cannot comment as to a change with 10.2.x

• 2 years later...

My problem is not with the auto-scroll, but regular scrolling. It is choppy or not smooth any more. I'm ver. 11.2.3. It seems like it has been choppy since 11.2.2. Is there a way to fix this?

Hi dbarklye, no resolution necessarily, but do you have accordance installed in another account on your computer? (Ah -pic or mac?)

I'm using a MAC. No I don't have Accordance installed on more that one account on this computer. I only have one account on it. The problem doesn't make the program unusable, but it's unpleasant for the scrolling to be so choppy.

I am having the choppy video issue if I have two accounts with Accordance running. I seem to have fixed it (or at least mitigated it) by always making sure that Accordance is quit in the other account.

However, this is clearly not going to work for you. Sorry. I hope someone can suggest something. I assume you have restarted your mac.