Accordance 1.7?

William B

Hi, firstly I want to thank you for what is an excellent app, but also to raise a question.

I have noticed there has been no major release of accordance since December, I have also noticed that the major released have steadily slowed, changing from almost every few months when initially released to what is heading towards annual.

I raise this not to discourage but to ask, is accordance ios still in active development with plans for further additional versions. As I do not use a pc in any form I feel I need to check future plans before deciding which platform to invest in commentary purchases on.

Thanks for at information you can give,

William.

I've been wondering the same myself. I think I prefer steady, incremental updates rather than letting so many months go by without any updates.

Since December we've released 5 updates so I'm surprised anybody thinks that the app is no linger being developed.

Since December we've released 5 updates so I'm surprised anybody thinks that the app is no linger being developed.

I know it's being developed. My comments are more a wish for a more frequent (even if small) updates. The last time Accordance for iOS was updated was back in May, and it was mostly bug fixes. Accordance on OS X seems to evolve much more quickly, and its progress is shared much more openly on the forum than Accordance on iOS.

Scott I don't mean to cause offence, I mean like 1.1 1.2 1.3 etc when I say major updates. Basically I'm checking 1.7 is still a planned update as I try to decide whether to get my commentaries on accordance or another ios app.

I have over 100 apps on my iphone and most of the app updates on iOS are bug fixes. Any given app goes months between major updates, so the Accordance app seems pretty typical. Of course we want it to be improved faster, but that doesn't mean that development is lagging.

• Like 1

No offense taken. In fact, I apologize if my statement was interpreted as "cranky".

The iOS app is still under active development. Unfortunately, all the easy to develop low hanging fruit has mostly been done. The new features we're working on and planning for future releases are just more complicated and thus require more development time. Throw in the changes necessary to support iOS7 and to work well with the upcoming Windows desktop app and... Well, I'm sure you get the idea. And don't forget the app is free!

Thanks always for the feedback and your support.

• Like 2

I just hope everything in Accordance doesn't turn hot pink or neon green with iOS7. :)

• Like 1

Scott I don't mean to cause offence, I mean like 1.1 1.2 1.3 etc when I say major updates. Basically I'm checking 1.7 is still a planned update as I try to decide whether to get my commentaries on accordance or another ios app.

To build on what Scott said, things are still very active. We had planned for 1.7 to be released already, but the upcoming release of iOS 7 meant we had to change gears a bit to make sure everything would work correctly there, and that had to take precedence over other feature development we really wanted to see happen. We also recently hired a new developer and are looking to add a UI/UX designer. That should also give you a bit more of an indication on our commitment to the iOS platform. :)

Does iOS7 bring any opportunities for the Accordance app?

To build on what Scott said, things are still very active. We had planned for 1.7 to be released already, but the upcoming release of iOS 7 meant we had to change gears a bit to make sure everything would work correctly there, and that had to take precedence over other feature development we really wanted to see happen. We also recently hired a new developer and are looking to add a UI/UX designer. That should also give you a bit more of an indication on our commitment to the iOS platform. :)

This sounds great, Rick! Any ETA for an iOS7 ready version? I'm tempted to jump on the iOS7 beta train but my test device is to old. But I can't go without Accordance on my real phone.

(We are planning iOS7 versions for our apps too but unfortunately there is no time at the moment to get started. So I don't have to use it just yet. But I'm curious.)

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to it! Then maybe I can decide to stick with iOS 6 if iOS 7 hurts my eyes too much. :)

• 1 month later...

Curious if there's an ETA for 1.7? We pesky users are only pesky about such things because we appreciate and use Accordance so much. :)

I just hope everything in Accordance doesn't turn hot pink or neon green with iOS7. :)

Neon green could be cool... :)

Since we released a 1.6.8 as an iOS 7 compatibility update it bought us some time to work on some other items we wanted to introduce with 1.7. It's coming along nicely (no neon though), and should move into beta testing soon.

• Like 1

:( lol

Edited by davidmedina