Hebrew Roots

Bud Lengtat

I just read the announcement about the Hebrew roots file needing updated. So I downloaded it. But here is the problem. In my Accordance folder there are the following files: Accordance, Greek roots, Greek words, Hebrew roots, Hebrew words, and Sample notes. In the Gloss Folder there is nothing. Should I replace the old Hebrew roots file with the new one I just downloaded? Or should I put it in the Gloss folder? Should the other loose files be put in the gloss folder too?

Gloss folder should contain the files:

Greek roots

Greek words

Hebrew roots

Hebrew words

These files should not be in the Accordance root folder, but inside the Gloss folder.

I don't know if it makes any practical difference, but it looks tidier.

Thank you. I shall tidy up immediately. :)

Actually Accordance moves these files when it loads them, which is only when you use a tagged text for Greek or Hebrew. For the rest of us, it is a bit messy, and maybe Accordance should move them anyway, in a future rev. We used to only load them with the tagged texts, but when we added the Root search capability with 7 we had to make the new files available to everyone.

Although I am a long time Accordance owner, I consider myself an Accordance novice, so I must admit that I don't understand one bit of Helen's reply. Well, that's not true. I understand that if I had used some feature of Accordance that I have no idea how to use, then Accordance would have worked some magic and moved some files around on my hard drive for me. I am much more familiar with Finder than I am tagged text so I just moved them myself. Hopefully someday I will be tagging text and Greek rooting with the best of them. :)

I thank God for His Word, this tool for digging into it, and this community of Bible enthusiasts!

Archived