Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'key links'.
Hrugnir posted a topic in Bug Swatters - WindowsSo I own volume 1 of Charlesworth's Pseudepigrapha as a physical book, and I was thrilled when I saw both volumes on sale in Accordance today. Partly, I decided to bite the bullet and buy it to solve problems I've already encountered with Accordance. I had previously bought the older Charles' Pseudepigrapha collection from the 19th century simply to have some translation available for 1 Enoch when a commentary or similar referenced "1 En 6:1" or similar. The problem is, however, that the document is known as "Enoch" in Charles and as "1Enoch" in Charlesworth. Ironically, now that I own both Charles and Charlesworth, I can open and scroll 1 Enoch in both modules just fine. But when I didn't own Charlesworth, I was not able to click a key link for 1 Enoch at all - it told me to buy Charlesworth. A similar problem exists with the resources for "The (Greek) Life of Adam and Eve", also known as the "Apocalypse of Moses". I now own 4 different resources containing some form of this text: Pseudepigrapha (Evans), Pseudepigrapha (Charles), Pseudepigrapha (Charlesworth) AND the module called "Apocryphal Apocalypses". In the first three, the text is called "Adam_Eve" and scrolls more or less together. The resource "Apocryphal Apocalypses", however, is not even available to open together with the other three. A third type of problem, however, happened when I tried to read "The Apocalypse of Abraham" in Charlesworth and opened the related Notes module. When I look at verse 1:1, the notes show up fine. When I scroll down to 1:2, however, the notes switch to an entirely different set of notes, and after checking in my physical copy of Charlesworth, it turns out Accordance seems to have linked the Apocalypse of Abraham to the notes of BOTH the Apocalypse of Abrahama AND the unrelated Testament of Abraham. This means that as I scroll down the text of the Apocalypse, the notes frantically switch between showing the correct notes and the notes for an unrelated document. I initially discovered the above mistake as I tried to read the notes for the Testament of Abraham, which simply doesn't show any note at all - assumably because those notes are linked to the Apocalypse instead. These problems, taken together, make using Accordance to study the Pseudepigrapha a tedious exercise. Correct and functional key links between resources is the whole reason I use Accordance to start with, and it's very discouraging to buy a digital copy of a physical book I already own, only to find problems with mismatching resources everywhere. The non-flexibility withing the software when handling different names for the same work (Like "Enoch/1Enoch" or "ApMoses/Adam_Eve") is also quite vexing - I understand that the confusion with titles causes some technical difficulties, but it doesn't really seem like an unsurmountable problem. Accordance 184.108.40.206, Windows 10 (on various computers)