Widget Auto Insert

fargilan

When I do a search and hit return it pastes the text in the widget search field instead of the frontmost application. I have activated Universal Access/Enable access for assistive devices and selected Auto Insert in the widget. I have tried this with Word and with TextEdit. I have tried reinstalling and resetting the widget. Is this a problem that is occurring since the 10.4.7 update to OSX? Unfortunately I had not tried this feature before to confirm if it worked with the earlier version (10.4.6) and I have already updated my systems.

It is working fine for me in 10.4.6, but I have not yet upgraded to 10.4.7. Our widget expert is on a short vacation.

Yes, I can confirm the same problem. 10.4.7 PPC

I can also confirm this with 10.4.7

I went back to the widget after trying this and noticed that it had inserted the last text that I had copied to the clipboard from another application. It seems like it's a problem with how it is integrated with the clipboard.

Thank you all. Joel will see what he can do once he returns from his short trip: he has no internet contact in the backwoods of Georgia.

• 2 weeks later...

Add me to the list. I have the same problem. I can use the widget to copy, but not to auto insert text.

Archived