7 churches

eric in redding

Does anyone know what the "Seven Churches" layer in the map module is supposed to show? My assumption was it would show the 7 churches of Rev 1:11. However it only shows 4 of those churches. It also shows 3 other places 2 of which are down in Egypt.

Thanks

Eric

Does anyone know what the "Seven Churches" layer in the map module is supposed to show? My assumption was it would show the 7 churches of Rev 1:11. However it only shows 4 of those churches. It also shows 3 other places 2 of which are down in Egypt.

Thanks

Eric

Hi Eric,

Same here. Would it be a bug? Also, Every time I open the model of Five Cities, Accordance will quite suddenly.

Chris

Hi Eric,

Same here. Would it be a bug? Also, Every time I open the model of Five Cities, Accordance will quite suddenly.

Chris

Yup, you are right. I just tried to open Five Cities and Accordance quit.

I tried removing the Map preferences but no change.

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the slow response!

I was able to reproduce the crash. There is a problem in the code when drawing one of the arcs in 'Five Cities'. For now, I would avoid using this layer.

I was able to fix the problem in the code. There are a couple other bugs we are looking at and I would expect an update soon.

Mike

I came here to report the crash, but alas it is already discovered.

However, I don't have the 7 churches layer! :(

The seven churches is a defined Custom layer in the Site layers. Mine is the same so somehow the Map Data file is corrupt. This, however, is an easy fix. Open Define Custom Layers and reset the cities to those mentioned in the letters to the seven churches in Rev 2-3, and the layer will appear correctly.

The seven churches is a defined Custom layer in the Site layers. Mine is the same so somehow the Map Data file is corrupt. This, however, is an easy fix. Open Define Custom Layers and reset the cities to those mentioned in the letters to the seven churches in Rev 2-3, and the layer will appear correctly.

This made me curious. I started on the layer, The Sea People, which displayed properly. When I attempted to change to any other layer, in this case, Alexander's Empire. The program crashed twice.

Seven Churches displays properly as a Site. I don't have it in Layers box. I am running Atlas, version 2.

There is a bug in the program affecting User Layers, for which we will shortly release a fix. This is not connected to the Seven Churches site layer which is due to an error in the Map settings and can easily be corrected by the user.

I have posted a corrected map settings file here. This gives you the correct layer for the Seven Churches, and also includes the Geography of Jerusalem which was missing from the layers of first release of Atlas 2 in January 2006. Please follow the instructions carefully and remove all old map settings.

Note that this will replace any layers or sets that you have customized (except User Layers), so you may prefer just to go in and add the correct sites to that one custom layer.

I have posted a corrected map settings file here. This gives you the correct layer for the Seven Churches, and also includes the Geography of Jerusalem which was missing from the layers of first release of Atlas 2 in January 2006. Please follow the instructions carefully and remove all old map settings.

Note that this will replace any layers or sets that you have customized (except User Layers), so you may prefer just to go in and add the correct sites to that one custom layer.

Worked as expected. Thanks.

Archived