Accordance Crashes on Startup when trying Load to load last session

Tom Wagler

Hello,

I recently updated to Acc 10. I have my prefs toggled to re-open last session upon startup. Every time I try to open accordance it crashes immediately the first attempt. When re-opening it, it gives me an error screen and loads/starts a new session. When I change my prefs to open default session it opens up every time. I also have problems with attempts to open the Library window causing to crash. What is the solution to these issues.

Accordance 10.4.3.2

2009 Macbook pro. Mac OS X 10.10

Thanks Tommy

HI Tommy, I am sorry for the difficulties you are having.

I suggest:

1. remove your startup session (located at <your user>:Library:Preferences:Accordance Preferences:Startup

2. remove your caches (located at <your user>:Library:Caches:com.OakTree.Accordance)

See how you go.

Edited by Ken Simpson

Hello Ken,

Did you mean to suggest something? I can see the words "I suggest:" but I cannot see the suggestion. ??

Thanks,

Tommy

Sorry Tommy - accidentally pressed the POST button before I had put in the suggestions! See above.

Thanks Ken,

I did remove the cache, but could not locate the startup file. ??? Any idea why?

Thanks,

Tommy

post-29902-0-14351500-1414224482_thumb.png

Edited by Tom Wagler

Tom, your Startup Session is located in ~/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/Startup session.accord. However, before throwing that file away, could you compress it as a .zip file and post it here on the forums? I'd like to take a closer look as to why it is crashing.

Thanks Joel,

But unless I'm missing something, as my earlier screenshot shows, there is no such file. I'm posting another screen grab to illustrate.

BTW- My experience is going downhill quickly. Now any attempt to open the library window crashes the program.

Thanks,

Tom

post-29902-0-18178000-1414235425_thumb.png

Edited by Tom Wagler

Hi Tom,

sorry this has been so awkward. It might be best to see if you can call the support folk, either by phone (unlikely since it’s a weekend) or on live chat (go to the Acc main webpage.

I am sure they can figure it out, but it’s going to be hard on the forums I think.

I worked with Tommy and it seems the General file in the user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences caused a crash when opening the Library. Renaming the file and re-validating Accordance has him up and running.

However, we want to receive copies of the bad General file, so if anyone encounters this, please compress and post or email the file. We have not been able to reproduce the crash yet, which makes it a lot harder to track down.

• Like 1

Thanks Helen, I sure do appreciate the great customer support. +1 for Accordance support staff.

Thanks,

Tommy

Unfortunately after a few hours of working with Accordance...it began to act up again. It crashes when trying to open the last session, and if you open the default session it crashes when trying to open the Library window. Should I again email the "new" General file to you?

Thanks,

Tommy

Yes, please compress and email it as well as the sessions that crash Accordance. You may need again to remove the General file and I would leave the preferences set to open Default Search Tab and not try to save or recall any sessions until we can track this down.

That's interesting that you mentioned workspaces. It seems like it is being narrowed down to saved workspaces for me also. I may try your solution to see what that does for me.

Thanks,

Tommy

Update: I created a new workspace and saved it, but when I try to open the last session it still crashes. =( Guess I need to resign myself to that until it's fixed.

Edited by Tom Wagler

As I said though, the problem recurred.

• 3 years later...

This topic has been dormant for a while, but since I have Accordance 10.4.5 for Windows, I thought it would be best to post my similar issue here -- in the hope that the collective experience could help me.

My primary problem is a notice that occasionally appears saying that Accordance was unable to load the last auto-saved session. This happens when starting up Accordance in the morning, after having shut it down the night previous -- seemingly successfully. I have not been able to figure out any consistent pattern regarding this phenomenon. Fortunately, I have not lost anything crucial up until now, but I did want to prevent future problems.

By the way, I could not seem to understand the instructions above about where to find the spot for removing start up sessions and caches. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'd suggest contacting our support staff via one of the methods mentioned here, or starting a new thread in the technical support forum.  Since you are on Windows and are posting in the Mac forum, nothing here will necessarily apply to your situation.

• Like 1